March 15, 2012

Two Lines

Month of Ramadhan, 1432 Hijrah (August 2011)


I was already in KK, semangat kemas rumah with all our stuff, interior decorating and learning how to start cooking simple dishes (thanx to myresipi.com website) for me and hubby to buka puasa. Berangan habis nak jadi housewife mithali while waiting for my masters intake ;) haha. 


Tapiiii.......berpuasa kali ni rase cam letih semacam je, first week of ramadhan, my parents were around, so we went out to buka puasa, i already started eating less, but then again, i didn't eat much then coz diet la kan, sambung dari kes gym-addiction before i quit my job.hehe



in the second week of ramadhan, my parents had flown back to kl, so it was just me at home when hubby went to work so i was supposed to be painting our doors and door frames white (which still haven't been painted till today ;p) and sorting out our stuff. 


I did get a lot of stuff done, but at a rate so slow i was even doubting myself, i mean yela, tiap tahun pun berpuasa, pegi jenjalan g site lagi tak penah plak over malas n penat camni, buat sket rase cam nak baring jap, but i forced myself to cook some dishes for dinner. I had fun doing them, like my favourite stuff, sambal kentang and spinach dishes but bila time nak buka puasa, i couldn't even telan what i had cooked, cam xde selera langsung tengok. Then I read somewhere that memang selalu rase macam tu bila kte yang masak, diri sendiri pun x lalu mkn, so i tot 'oh thats just like me'.



I just felt 'not hungry'. Sahur xlapar, masa puasa xlapar, mase buka pun xlapar. So i tot my headaches was coming from my malnutrition. Hubby pulak xsuka dia je yang kna makan everything so he would constantly be reminding 'nda payahla mau diet2 lagi tu, kurus sudaa'.


Then one day I felt like giving my car some spa treatment at the car wash, so I went out and waited at the car wash till it was our turn, I was standing for about 10 minutes and started feeling dizzy. Penat berdiri kot pasal tghari n puasa kan so I ignored my dizzyness. Then I started to see everything become outlined in black, n my legs started to shake..ok memang nak pitam so cepat2 I found a chair to sit on and breathed away the dizzyness. That nite I told hubby bout the weird pitam moment and he said 'ok esok kte kna pegi klinik check', I was like, adoi, perluke? apa aku nak cakap kat doctor tu 'oh saye rasa nak pitam masa berpuasa', macam alasan je.
Well, despite my reluctance, hubby still came and fetched me the next day during lunch, we went to the Family Clinic in Putatan and met Dr. Sharifah, shes from semenanjung too so i felt comfortable chatting wif her. I went in the treatment room alone while hubby waited outside & read the newspaper. After jotting down my details she asked:-


Dr. Sharifah: jadi awak sakit apa?


Me: Oh, saya just rasa pening nak pitam, xde slera makan and selalu constupated.


Dr. Sharifah: Ooo, dah kahwin ke?


Me: Dah dah


Dr. Sharifah: Ada check pregnancy test?


Me: (muka terkejut coz didn't see that question coming at all!) Oh, tak pernah la pulak. Hahaha (memang betul aku gelak). Tapi memang bukan pasal pregnant ni kot Doc.


Dr. Sharifah: Hmmmm, macamana doc nak terangkan ye. Lepas kita dah kahwin, memang akan ada kemungkinan untuk pregnant tau.


Me: Emm, ye saye tau, errr tapiii....(already shifting uncomfortably in my seat, mcm doc ni nak bagi ceramah 'birds & bees' plak kat sni kan!)


Dr. Sharifah: Symptom2 awak rasa tu are some of the symptoms that women will get in early pregnancy.


Me: Tapi doc, skrg kan saye tngah berpuasa, and plus saya takde pulak muntah2 or anything like that. Saya rasa maybe saye kurang vitamin or nak kena gastric x? (macam aku yang doc rite?)


Dr. Sharifah: Ada miss period x?


Me: Hmm (calculating in my head), bulan july belum lagi dtg la, tapi saya selalu lewat sikit period, especially if ada change in environment or physical activities. Like saya pernah pergi camp OBS for a month seblum kahwin, after coming back sebulan stengah period x dtg. So, seeing as I just moved from KL to KK, saye rasa normal je period saye lambat. (byk alasan aku kan)


Dr. Sharifah: Ooo mcm tu (sporting kan doc ni layan aku). takpe, if thats the case, saye test je dulu for pregnancy coz if pregnant saye tak boleh bagi certain ubat. If ur not pregnant then i'll give u some medication for ur constipation ok?


Me: Ok :) (dgn semangat 100% to prove the doc wrong)


So the nurse told me to give my urine sample and they did the home pregnancy test (HPT) and gave the stick to the doc. I was like, laaaa, ingat amek darah ke apa, baru reliable sket. guna HPT boleh je tendancy to be wrong


Dr.Sharifah: Haaaa, cuba awak tngok.


Me: (Leaning forward. Saw the 2 lines, mula rasa seram sejuk, yet my mouth still blurted out), Apa maksudnye ni doctor?


Dr. Sharifah: Betullah apa saya cakap tadi (senyum lebar doc tu coz dia 'menang' kan). These 2 lines means ur pregnant! congrats! now let's see how many weeks ur at, bla bla blaaaa (aku dah tak dgr dah doctor membebel coz i was thinking 'haaa, serious ke ni? how could that be? omgeeeeee mesti salah!')


After that the doc took out the round chart and asked when my Last Menstrual Period (LMP) was and she told me I was already at 6 weeks. HAA? I haven't even been in KK for a month yet! wow. So the doc chatted on and on about what i shud or shud'nt be eating, what to do next, vitamins i needed (she said I needed to start taking folic asid, usually women take them before even getting married so that they can bear children faster, I guess I skipped that stage then!), and alot more stuff that I couldn't fully digest coz I was still in disbelief.


Last I remember I was going out of the docs room & muka hubby was like asking 'so, syg sakit apa?', and the look on his face made me burst out laughing and I said 'u won't believe it!'. 


Hubby (who was used to my pranks and 'acting') terus cakap 'aaaa, jgn nak mengada2 berlakun ye'. haaa, i didn't say anything! so i just said, 'its ok, syg pegi je amek ubat kat counter nanti'. Sure enuf he went and d nurse said 'ok ini doc bagi folic asid, setiap hari makan satu biji, jaga makan and jgn bg isteri buat kerja berat ye'. Then it was hubby's turn tu be in disbelief and smiling away like a Cheshire cat!
And thats how we found out we were pregnant. But that didn't stop me from believing it was true so we went back and singgah pharmacy and bought out own HPT. I started doing a full google search on the possibility of false HPT results 


Why was it so had for me to accept that I was positive? Its because everything was unplanned for! We have been married and long distance marriage for 9 months. And eventho we did not take contraceptives or other medical methods to avoid pregnancy while we were apart, we did use natural methods coz we wanted to avoid me being pregnant alone while hubby was all the way in sabah. 


So how ironic would it be that once we stopped those 'natural methods' I find out im preggers right away? rasa cam terkejut, takut, xready, confused, ala2 bunting pelamin la jugak coz we were just starting our real lives together as husband & wife. It felt like it was alot to swallow. Mayb some wud think that im ungrateful on how lucky i am, but it was at that initial stage, I had mixed feelings, plus they do say that being pregnant is a roller coaster of emotions, and its soo true. I had never imagined we would get pregnant this soon, bajet nak try for a baby by the end of my final semester for masters which wud be in middle 2012. 


I really felt like Rachel from friends (season 8) when she found out she was pregnant wif Ross's child, "The sperms must have had tools or something" and Ross finds out that condoms are only 97% effective. haha
Tapi of coz kte as manusia hanya mampu merancang, only Allah knows whats best for us and in a way, I can say that since I had to move to KK I have never really been 'alone' kan? :)


My first try at doing the HPT by myself, internet said its best to test in early morning for the most accurate result. So it came out:
Two Lines


after that still tak percaye sepenuhnya lagi, waited a few days and bought the expensive pregnancy test~clearblue, if tak silap pharmacy tu jual RM19.90
Two crossed Lines

last kopek (after a few others), tried testing again just before we went to confirm at the doctor (a few days before our raya flight back to kl)
ok masih Two Lines

jadi, after 2 weeks from our first visit to the family clinic, the Home Pregnancy Tests still came out with 2 lines. We then went to Damai Specialist Hospital to make an appointment with the available O & G doc, Dr. Joseph. This was the last confirmation coz he was gonna do an ultrasound and if xde pape means xde lah kan.


Lo and behold, we saw a little white blob floating in my womb and the doc confirmed we were indeed pregnant :) that weekend hubby took me to buka puasa at Le Meridian and then we were on our flite back to KL for raya (tummy was at 9 weeks).
we told our parents during raya and thats the story of the Two Lines

4 comments:

adda_shariff said...

that is just oh so sweet!!! i wanna get preggy too!! kihkihkih...

zephyred said...

haha. insyaAllah! praying for u sis!

::SMY WORLD:: said...

hehehe.. ada je awin... dgn nada confident nak confirm kan dr tu salah ye... hehehe...

zephyred said...

haha, itulaa, tak sangka kann