I had already set an interview date with the ID (interior design) company as they had to wait for their big boss to be free as he wanted to be interviewing us personally. Then I got a call from the previous company (refer to previous posts) to tell me I passed the Presentation part of the interview and was shortlisted for a face-to-face interview. wahh, agak terkejut. but I still went to both interviews.
Job interview No.2- I went to the interview at the company that made me go through all the tests & presentations. When I reached there I saw some familiar faces, we were put in groups of 5, then masuk kna interview sorg2. I was interviewed by the heads of HR, Legal & Research department, salah sorg dorg was the boss that had a lot of comments during my group presentation. jatuh jantung nampak dia, i thought i didn't have a hope at all, haha. Ended up, he was the quietest and most sporting. it was a casual interview, i only got one investment related question (thank god that i had a glimpse of 'the edge' that morning!) and towards the end we were joking about EPL and about me being born abroad. that was that, I went home feeling a bit hopeful
Job interview No.3- the following week I went to the interior design company for the interview they called for. I hopped on the lrt and stepped off at dang wangi station as the office was at jln sultan ismail. they were looking for a new Quantity Surveyor and there were a few other candidates there as well. I was the only Malay. We were put in the meeting room to fill the application forms and then called one by one to be interviewed by the boss. The interview went ok, quite formal and short. I just had to give a summary of my resume and he asked me some questions and it was over. on the way back out to the lift I ran into an old friend :) Haidar! she was as surprised to see me as i was to see her. "Aween u buat apa kat sini?", "i dtg interview kat company ni", and she said "haaaa, betulke? i work here! i really hope u get the job!" hehe.
It was a few days to raya, and the first answer i got was from the ID company. wah, agak terkejut jugak i beat all the non-bumis for the spot & salary was higher than the starting most of my friends had so i was happy with that. they wanted me to start right after the raya week :)
then it was raya and on 3rd day of raya, I got a phone call from the other company. it was kak norra, happy raya voice to break to me the happy news. hehee, starting date was another month, in november. and the following monday, i was going to work with the ID company. waaaaaa konfius! the offer letter with the ID company had already stated that if I withdrew the acceptance after signing I would have to pay them back a months salary. err, dgn pokainye x sanggup aku nak cari duit tu. so nak xnak aku pegi la jugak kja :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
the working hours were 9am to 6.30pm, by 5pm I was already dozing off to sleep. there was not that much to do. my job title was junior QS, eventho the 'senior' QS above me was a diploma holder. For the first week, the only thing that didn't make me snooze off was lunch, usually with haidar & her friends. nak appoint QS baru, but xde kerja pun utk dibuat, I was practically asking every hour if there was something i could do, ended up I was reorganizing all the BQ's in the cabinets. thank god i didn't die of boredom, calculations were also pretty easy & not that challenging, most of the sq area was taken fron the designer's autocad drawings ;p
anyway, during the first week, I was also scheming & drafting my first resignation letter. hehe, kja x sampai sminggu dah buat surat tu kan. well the contract said if i wanted to quit i had to give a 2 week notice, so if i gave that by the end of my first week, it would be just in time to start off at the other company. i felt guilty, but guess i had to go for the higher pay & benefits. it was this week that i found out eija had got the same offer, apelagi, bergayut la aku dgn dia (oh i had to sneak off to the toilet to do that because the QS unit was so damn quiet, hence the dozing offs). After my 3 weeks (which I did make a few friends eventho short span of time) I was out of my first job and waiting for the next. hee
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
end of Part 3

No comments:
Post a Comment