May 18, 2009

25 day course at OBML - how it happened

I finally got some time to post about what happened to me at OBML (which stands for Outward Bound Malaysia Lumut)
so how did I end up signing myself to join this course??. Jawapannya = paksa rela, tapi very much anticipating & excited to go.

As the story goes, our company is one of the loyal providers of participants for this course (penuh 25 days nye course..tak main la 7 days, 10 days) and it was compulsory for us (Management Trainees) to go..for all the soft skills that they couldn't drill into our heads during the 2 months classes & 3 months rotation..hehehe

so we were set to go on the 25.03.09, sedangkan our final presentation was on the day before..i had never had such a headache over packing..(i am a veryyy slow packer)

and this is what happened.....

25.03.09 <0600>
woke up usual today..bags packed, excited however heavy hearted to be thinking i wouldn't be able to be online or talk on the phone with my sayang for almost a month..seriously that was the only thing bugging me all the time..

mama sent me to the office & i met up with the rest of my also excited clan :) most of us looked like we going on vacation, some of us brought bags so big it looked like they were going to migrate to another city..hahahaha

the bus arrived around 0920 and we conquered the whole bus..just the 13 of us :) the bus driver was cool..we watched 2 movies on the way to Lumut, the Italian Job & Mr. & Mrs. Smith..but i slept halfway of the journey anyway.hahaha just an hour before we reached our destination we went for a stop at McD for lunch (bungkus je) coz we figured that would be the last time we could eat fastfood for a long time..(there went my boikot -_-)time ni cerah lagi yer kami..heee
finally we reached OBML, right next to the sea, beautiful views and breathtaking green + blue scenary =)

Syafiq helped me a lot in terms of carrying my bags yang berat cam batu =D tq my dear syafiq..dia dah macam my lil bro dah..hehe


we had registration at 1400 and we had time to lepak2 around before that..so time to take pics

we were then divided into 2 ‘watches’, groups of 13 where we had to mix with the self-sponsored participants..which truthfully saying, I was a bit rebellious in the beginning..i didn’t understand the motif of dividing us when we were already in a group of 13 people..huhu..anyway..it turned out for the best & that’s why I always believe that everything happens for a reason..


i bet if the instructors didn’t divide us up we would be in working hell right now at the office..hating each others guts..hahahah



there was group ‘Jerai’ & ‘Trusmadi’..all the watches were named after the mountains in M’sia..



so were the dorms, then cam the time we had to give up our identification cards, money, wallets, junk food :( handphones !! time ni I was menahan my tears gler2..while still talking to syg on the phone..giler depressing tau x?? adoi..dahla syg was still saying ‘ini last ka aku dapat dgr suara an-chan?’ ..sebak gler dgn ke-blur-an bf ku..huuuu


after my internal drama we headed off to our dorms to put our heavy-patah-bahu bags & started off the opening ceremony..


<1830>

This is the time we have dinner every evening, the food was good..

but nearing the end my appetite was starting to decrease (as if I eat a lot to begin with anyway)


sebab kepenatan extreme & melampau sampai nak terputus urat, otot membengkak & kulit tercedera (disklemer: segala ayat atau ungkapan di dalam entry OBML adalah benar & sengaja di-hyperbolakan.sekian)


<2000>

We met up with our instructors in our respective watch & for the 1st night of the course we were required to write down, what were our objectives coming to OBS (Outbound School) & what we think we could contribute to our group, over the next 25 days..



Thinking what my objective coming there was simple..it was because we had to = COMPULSORY..so objective aku adalah untuk memenuhi kriteria company? Nahhh..i couldn’t put that..if I did then all 13 of us would have the same objective..so I put


“To realize my true capability”


which is very much true..i was hoping to find out if I could kayak in long distances, sleep, bathe & cook wherever they threw us, swim in he middle of the ocean, etc..etc..


Now what could I contribute to my group? Hmmm..i didn’ know half of the watch then, so..i was thinking, what the hell am I good at? I can’t contribute to cooking, especially atas kayu bara api..perh..and I can’t kill leaches..so I put I can contribute : ”WORDS of motivation” note the words..it specifically means that I can talk but it doesn’t mean im motivated myself..hahahaha..but I think only I understood my contribution :)


<2130>

We had our night cap -donuts- which made me a bit happier..hehehe..ela tu abit..sangat happy makan donut..then we went back to our dorms to sleeeeep..


THAT IS HOW DAY 1 ENDED. NEXT ENTRY! -What we did after in the first week~ to be continued



No comments: